Social Work Service Dublin City Council
Social Work Service
We offer a Social Work Service to tenants and subtenants of Dublin City Council, members of the Traveller Community and residents of emergency accommodation provided by Dublin City Council Homeless Services who meet the service threshold for our Social Work Service.
Call 01 2222233
Social Workers help people to solve problems in their everyday lives, identify and understand sources of stress or difficulty, develop coping skills and find solutions to their problems.
Duty Social Work Service
You can phone a Duty Social Worker on 01 222 2233 Monday to Fri 9.15am – 4.45pm. Leave your contact details and we will call you back.The Duty Social Worker will listen to your concerns and discuss them with you. They can help you with advice, guidance and signpost or refer you to other relevant services.
We can assist with accommodation related social issues including
- Managing rent arrears
- Child and family matters
- Marital and relationship issues
- Young people and education
- Needs of older people
- Needs of vulnerable adults
- Mental health/medical difficulties
- Guidance and advice
- Signposting and referral to relevant Services
- Complex social issues
- Short term counselling and support
- Domestic Violence / intimate partner violence
- Difficulties accessing services
How can I access the Social Work service?
You can be referred to our Social Work Service by
- A Duty Social Worker following self - referral to the Duty Service.
- A staff member from another Section of Dublin City Council.
- Another professional who has knowledge of your concerns.
We assess all referrals and prioritise those appropriate to the service in order of urgency.
Social Work Section,
Block 1, Floor 2,
Dublin City Council,
Further information is available on www.dublincity.ie/social-work-section