I am renting and worried about losing my home
Call FREEPHONE 1800 454 454, Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm if you and your family:
- Are renting and worried about losing your home?
- Are renting and struggling to keep up payments?
- Are worried about paying next month’s rent, if the rent is due to increase?
- Are being asked to leave your rental accommodation by your landlord, before the end of the lease term?
- Are being asked to leave your rental accommodation, if your landlord is selling the property or reacquiring it for personal use?
- Do not have enough money to pay your rent and feel you are at risk of becoming homeless?
This FREEPHONE 1800 454 454 is provided by Threshold, on behalf of the four Dublin local authorities.
It will work with other key services to make sure that assistance is available to you and your family, if you are at risk of losing your home in the private rented sector.
When you call the FREEPHONE a number of key steps will take place to assist you, they include:
You and your family’s needs will be assessed within 24 hours of your initial contact with the service.
Your case will be confidentially referred to an appropriate visiting tenancy sustainment service for ongoing support, if required.
- If you are currently living in the Dublin City Council area, Dublin Simon Community Tenancy Sustainment Service will assist you.
- If you are currently living in the South Dublin County Council area, Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council area or Fingal County Council area, Focus Ireland Tenancy Sustainment Service will assist you.
- In addition, housing welfare officers in the four local authority housing departments will provide you with support.
If there is a clear dispute between you as a tenant and your landlord, your case will be referred to the Residential Tenancies Board for action.
If you do not have enough money to pay your landlord and are at a very high risk of losing your home and the above steps have been explored, the four Dublin local authorities, Threshold and the Department of Social Protection (who provide you with your Social Welfare Allowance and Rent Supplement) will intervene to try and prevent you from becoming homeless, by providing assistance for an emergency period.
1800 454 454
FREEPHONE Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm