Skip to main content

I am in arrears

If you are behind with your rent, it is important that you get advice immediately. Failure to pay your rent could mean that you lose your home if you do not act straight away. Paying your rent should always be your first priority.

Local Authority Housing
call FREEPHONE 1800 679 555 or 01 22222211

If you are Dublin City Council tenant and find you are in arrears with your rent you should contact your local Housing Officer immediately who will discuss the situation with you in detail and arrange a payment plan that will assist you in clearing them within a reasonable period of time and that would not adversely affect your financial circumstances. This will entail paying an amount in addition to your normal weekly rent.

Private Rented Accommodation
call FREEPHONE 1800 454 454

If you are having problems paying your rent, you should get advice as soon as possible. You should contact your landlord to let them know of your difficulties and see if you can make any arrangements.   

Keeping your Home

This website if provided by the Citizens Information Board and the Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS). It provides information on the services and entitlements available if you are having difficulties paying your rent or making mortgage repayments.