Homeless Housing Assistance Payment
Homeless Housing Assistance Payment FAQ
How do I apply for Homeless Housing Assistance Payment?
You need to contact your Local Authority (the Local Authority who you submitted your housing application to) one of Dublin City Council/ Fingal County Council/ South Dublin County Council/ Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council, to be approved for the scheme.
If approved for Homeless Housing Assistance Payment you need to get the application form from your Local Authority with an up to date HNA (Housing Need Assessment) letter.
Please send completed application forms and documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Homeless HAP, Parkgate Hall, 6 - 9 Conyngham Road, Dublin 8.
To ensure your application is approved and processed without delay please ensure all documents you send are correct and you have the following:
Accompanying the Section A
- Proof of income for the whole household
- Completed bank standing order or Household budget
- Up to date HNA (Housing Need Assessment) from your Local Authority.
Accompanying the Section B
- Bank header for the landlord
- Proof of ownership for the landlord. (Please see the form for acceptable forms of proof. )
Under the circumstances we will endeavour to get your application approved as soon as possible. Initial payments of deposit and 2 months rent to the landlord may take longer due the circumstances. Incomplete forms will not be processed until the correct documents are submitted and no payment will be made.
I have recently submitted an application and want to check its status
Upon receipt of the completed application, our office normally endeavours to pay the deposit and two months rent within 5 working days. At present, due to the large volume of applications, we cannot give a definite time frame as to when payment will be made. A Housing Advisor will be in contact in due course to discuss your application
I am a Homeless HAP tenant already and my income has changed? What do I do?
If you are already a Homeless HAP tenant and your income has changed, you will need to send proof of your new income (new payslips or confirmation of social welfare payment) and proof of the date that your income changed in order to adjust your differential rent.
If you have lost employment or your hours have been reduced, please contact your local Intreo office to avail of a social welfare payment. Once you have proof of your new income please post the documentation to Park Gate Hall, 6-9 Conyngham Road, Dublin 8 or email email@example.com
There has been a change to my family size. What do I do?
You need to contact the Local Authority you are registered with and inform them of the change in your circumstances and get a letter/ email confirming that your application has been adjusted. Send this to Homeless HAP Section, Parkgate Hall, 6-9 Conyngham Road, Dublin 8 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
I have arrears on my account and I want to clear them
Our office does not process differential rent payments. All payments are managed by the HAP Shared Centre in Limerick County Council.
Following sign up at your Local Authority HAP office, your weekly HAP rent contribution will be deducted through;
- An Post (Household Budget Deduction)
- Bank Standing Order
If your rent fails to be automatically deducted or if you have fallen into arrears, please make arrangements to pay your weekly rent using one of the following methods:
- Online at payments.limerick.ie/hap (Pin No & HAP Recipient ID Required)
- Phoning 061-556600 (Pin No & HAP Recipient ID Required)
- HAP Bill Pay Card (issued within 10 days of start day) in any Post Office or any shop displaying the sign to pay your weekly rent. Your local PostPoint shop can be located on www.postpoint.ie.
- Before paying via an alternative payment method, please ensure your rent has not been automatically deducted from your bank or post office.
- Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that you are paying the correct weekly rent contribution
The office telephone number is 01 – 2226955 and this number is attended Monday to Friday 10am – 4pm. However, it is experiencing high volumes of calls. Our e-mail address is email@example.com.