The impact of severe weather can be immediately life threatening to people who are rough sleeping and it is essential to have a coordinated response in order to mitigate against the risk of exposure. The DRHE has coordinated and implemented contingency plans that will operate for the duration of the current Met Éireann Weather Advisory. Presently there is spare accommodation capacity every night, however if the weather deteriorates the DRHE has additional contingency beds ready to come into operation.
We have also, in collaboration with the HSE and PMVT, implemented additional measures to manage the impact of COVID19 for the duration of this severe weather to ensure that the most vulnerable people are protected. We will continue to monitor the situation closely in partnership with all our service providers.
- 100+ contingency beds can be instantly triggered, these placements and will be managed through the Central Placement Service.
- A contingency emergency response is already in place for any family who may be at risk of sleeping rough at night.
- Freephone service will continue to operate from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. 1800 707 707.
- Our Outreach Teams (operated by Dublin Simon & PMVT) will be out on the streets of Dublin, engaging with people at risk of rough sleeping and supporting them to take up emergency accommodation, additional outreach supports will be operating for the duration of the Weather Advisory.
- We will use @homelessdublin for further updates.
We are extremely grateful for the ongoing cooperation and assistance from our partners across homeless services including the many service providers and all those involved in the voluntary sector.
We are appealing to the public to use our new free Dublin Rough Sleeper Alerts app if you come across someone sleeping rough or contact us at:- www.homelessdublin.ie/report-rough-sleeper.
General Information – Access to Services
If an individual / family is presenting as homeless for the first time in Dublin, their respective Local Authority will carry out a comprehensive assessment.
Dublin City Council - Central Placement Service for singles and couples; Tel: 01 - 222 6944 Monday to Friday: 10.00am – 4.00pm. Email: email@example.com
Dublin City Council - Central Placement Service for families; Tel: 01 – 222 6977 Monday to Friday: 10.00am – 4.00pm. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Homeless FREEPHONE 1800 707 707; for access to emergency accommodation out of hours for the Dublin Region, extended hours - 10.00am to 10.00pm 7 days a week;
Housing Support Officers providing housing advice and move on options to people in emergency accommodation. Tel: 01 222 7414 Monday to Friday: 10.00am – 4.00pm. Email: email@example.com
Homeless HAP Tel: 01 – 222 6955 Monday to Friday: 10.00am – 4.00pm. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fingal County Council Homeless Section Tel 01 890 5090
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 4.30pm Email: email@example.com
South Dublin County Council Homeless Section Tel: 01 414 9364
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dún Laoghaire – Rathdown County Council Homeless Section Tel; 01 205 4804 Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm. Email: email@example.com
Dublin Outreach Tel: 01 872 0185 from 7.00am to 1.00am, operating 365 days of the year